My travels so far have taken me to 21 countries on 4 continents and only 9.33% of the world according to this travel map above (only 90.67% to go!).
Here is a list of my trips to date (not including my childhood adventures around Australia and the US).
- Six weeks independent travel across Europe by train starting in Moscow and finishing in London with stops in Krakow, Prague, Berlin, Amsterdam, Bruges and Paris. Plus a stop over in Bangkok on the way home.
- Christmas & New Year break in Siem Reap, Cambodia touring Angkor Wat with Intrepid Travel and the surrounding temples. Then a stop in Singapore to bring in the New Year.
- First time long weekend in Melbourne sightseeing and soaking up the International Comedy Festival vibe.
- Packed up our lives in Sydney and headed to London to live and work for 18 months.
- A few nights in Singapore again on the way to London because we loved it so much the first time.
- Greece for a tour of the Greek Islands – we didn’t end up leaving Athens due to the riots and strikes but got to check out Athens for a few days before fleeing.
- Three weeks travelling through Italy, two weeks with a Topdeck Travel and one week independently on the train. We visited Rome, Orvieto, Pompeii, Sorrento and the Amalfi Coast, Assissi, Siena, Lucca, Florence and Tuscany, Pisa, Cinque Terre, Lake’s Garda and Como, Verona, Venice and Milan.
- Two weeks travelling on the train through Switzerland, Germany and Austria visiting Interlaken, Lucerne, Zurich, Munich, Salzberg and Vienna.
- Two weeks travelling through France with Topdeck Travel visiting Paris, Cammembert, Bayeux and the Normandy coast, Loire Valley, Cognac, Bordeaux and the surrounding wine region, Carcossone, Avignon, Pont du Gard, Nice, Monaco, Lyon and Annecy.
- Weekend trips to Bath, Bristol, Cambridge, The Cotswolds, Canterbury, Oxford, Stratford-Upon-Avon, York and Brighton in England and Cardiff in Wales.
- A long weekend in Edinburgh and the Scottish Highlands
- Three weeks in the USA meeting friends in Orlando for theme park fun for 10 days and a week in New York City.
- Finally made it to the Greek Islands visiting Santorini on our way home from London for 5 days of relaxation and sunshine.
- New Zealand’s far northern North Island for a 10 day driving trip taking in Auckland, The Bay of Islands, Waipoua Forest and the Coromandel region.
- Easter long weekend in Noosa for a few days of relaxation, good food and lots of sunshine.
- A long weekend in Jervis Bay on the New South Wales South Coast checking out the wildlife and spending some quiet time away from the city.
- Another weekend in Melbourne but this time to visit a good friend for a long awaited catch up and a bit of sightseeing through the eyes of a local.
- Three amazing weeks in incredible Japan, with part of this on tour with Tucan Travel. We visited Tokyo, Kyoto, Hiroshima, Nagasaki, Miyajima, Yufuin and the Fuji Five Lakes district.
Well it has definitely been a very full on four years with lots more plans to travel in the works for the next few years. Although, there probably won’t be any more big month and year long adventures for us coming up in the next few years, but we will definitely be fitting in a decent trip somewhere in the world each year while still exploring our own backyard.